Make your students proud authors and artists while encouraging teamwork by creating a beautiful hardcover Classroom Book showcasing your students’ writing.
The teacher’s copy is FREE and 20% of all pre-order sales go back to your school!
You can use any lesson plan to start your Classroom Book: poetry, essays, recipes, All About Me projects… Browse through our templates for ideas or publish a project you just finished in class.
Our classroom books are collections of work featuring two pages per student, so everyone can shine while being engaged in collaborative work.
The finished product is a full-color, full-size 9 x 11″ professionally bound hardcover book featuring each student’s written text and illustration. It makes a wonderful keepsake for children to remember their school year and each other. Every customized book has your classroom’s personalized hardcover design and title. This setup is a shoe-in for essays, short stories and poem collections from your students.
How It Works
- Get started right away. Teachers can download our kits directly from the website and print as many copies as they want to fit their classroom size.
- Create your project in class.
- Submit. When the project is done, submit your classroom book on our website and return any artwork using our prepaid shipping label.
We’ll start working on your book right away. When the setup is complete, you’ll receive a link to preview your classroom book online. As soon as you approve it, your books go into production and will be shipped within 14-21 business days.
Get Your Free Book and Raise Money for Your School
Our teacher kit includes a sample letter to encourage parents to preorder their copy of your classroom book. A copy is only $24.99 and 20% goes back to the school. If we’ve received 10 parent pre-orders or more, the teacher’s copy is FREE, and shipping is included!
Our Classroom Book Templates
Your downloadable teacher kit includes four student templates to choose from:
- Lined Student Template: A template with a lined page for writing and a picture page for artwork. This template is perfect for students who can write a whole page of text. Use the lined template for the student’s essay, story or poem, and the picture frame for their illustration of the text.
- No Lines Student Template: Use this template for the same purpose as the lined template if you wish a neater look with no lines in the book.
- Short Form Student Template: This template is perfect for younger students (K-2nd grade) who may not be able to write an entire page of text yet. It features 7 lines for their creative writing, followed by a small self-portrait and an “about the author” fill-in the blanks bio. The second page is a full-size frame for them to illustrate their creative writing.
- All About Me Student Template: This template is a perfect way to get to know your students at the beginning of the year, and for them to make new friends with similar interests. The left page features the child’s name, age and birthday, along with all their favorite things, and what they want to be when they grow up. The right page is a full-size self-portrait.
Remember, you don’t have to use any of the templates. You can just make a book from a previous project done in class or a lesson plan you love.